100% Merlot. A deep ruby red colour. An explosion of fruit with an unending range of black fruits, in particular blackberry and blueberry wrapped in a soft veil of vanilla. In the glass the aromatic components evolve towards tobacco, chocolate and a touch of coffee.
The complexity is immediately apparent to the palate with a fullness that remains throughout the tasting. Full, vigorous, fresh and extremely enjoyable.
Price 95 € Score 93/100 MWCH Glasses Via Castellare.it
- 2006 Tenuta Monteti Monteti Toscana IGT (coolclimatewine.wordpress.com)
- Tami Project – Frappato IGT 2011 – Sicily, Italy – So Good Had to Buy Some More (manoavino.com)
- wine – 2011 Azienda Agricola Cos Ramí Sicilia IGT (wineismylife.wordpress.com)
- Holiday Wine Geek Gift: COS, Pithos, Nero d’Avola Frappato, Sicilia IGT, Italy 2010 (waywardwine.com)
- 2004 Piccini Sasso al Poggio IGT (coolclimatewine.wordpress.com)
- Rocca di Frassinello Le Sughere another Reason I Love Wines from Maremma, Toscana (manoavino.com)