GRAPE VARIETY: NEBBIOLO 100 %
VINEYARDS: A single vineyards Barolo from very ripe grapes of three
different plots of the famous Pio’s Family-owned Ornato
Estate in Serralunga d’Alba, one of the top vineyards in the
whole Barolo area.
VINIFICATION: Fermented in stainless steel with skin contact for 15 days.
AGEING: In mid toasted French oak for 36 months. 70% in new
barriques and 30% in a 25 hectoliters casks.
TASTING NOTES: This is a very rich Barolo, dense, with supple
tannins, full concentrated ripe fruit, elegant and
powerful, with an extremely long life. Produced in
small quantities and only in excellent vintages.
- BAROLO D.O.C.G Percristina (mywinechannel.wordpress.com)
- Barolo Serralunga 2009 (scuoladivino.com)
- Barolo: One of the Great Red Wines of the World (winepeeps.com)
- Ciabot Mentin Ginestra Barolo Docg 2005 – Domenico Clerico (mywinechannel.wordpress.com)
- AZELIA BAROLO 2009 mini review (canadianwineguy.com)