The most international of our wines made with a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Barbera.
Aging in French oak barriques gives this wine its great persolanity, deep ruby red robe, full complex and persistent character.
The nose offers sensations of mature berries and chalky mineral notes.
Its long harmonious finish makes this great wine a perfect match with variety of dishes above all grilled meats.
Barbera 60% and Cabernet Sauvignon 40%.
Vinifiction on skins, traditional, with 10 days maceration and complete malolactic fermentation after the alcoholic one is carried out.
To be drunk with:
Thanks to its good structure and acidity (from Barbera grapes), it matches very well not only with red meats and medium aged cheeses, but also with rich pasta dishes.
Colour: ruby red with violet hues
Bouquet: intense, persistent, with notes of chalk , ripened fruits, rose, pepper and chocolate
Taste: full, delicate and harmonic, the flavour sensations correspond with the characteristics offered on the nose, leaving a pleasant lingering finish on the palate
Technical data for the 2006 vintage:
Alcohol: 14% alc./vol.
Total acidity: 5,80 g/l in tartaric acid
Residual sugar: dry
Ageing: in barrique for 28 months followed by 22 months in the bottle
Type of bottle: bordolese verde antico
Estimated life: 15/20 years
- Merlot daSolo Monferrato Doc Rosso (mywinechannel.wordpress.com)
- Wine of the Week – 2010 Shotfire Cabernet Sauvignon-Shiraz (thefrugalsnob.wordpress.com)
- Vitiano Rosso Umbria IGP 2011 Wine Review (winelearning.wordpress.com)
- Much ado about Napa (o.canada.com)
- Volpolo 2010 DOC Bolgheri Superiore – Sapaio (mywinechannel.wordpress.com)
- Weekend Wine Notes: California Cabernet Sauvignon (biggerthanyourhead.net)