VINEYARD: Monprivato, in the village of Castiglione Falletto (CN)
WINE-MAKING PROCESS: Estate-grown bunches thinned during the summer undergo traditional-style, floating cap fermentation for 20/25 days. The wine is then matured in medium-sized Slavonian oak barrels for around 38 months.
EXPECTED CELLAR LIFE: 15/25 years
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14%
COLOUR: garnet red with orange-coloured highlights;
NOSE: complex, very fruity, elegant, intense, spicy, with flowery sensations;
TASTE: excellent body with power and stuffing, demanding, masculine, long and full.
- “Ornato” Barolo Docg 2006 – Pio Cesare (sassiitalytours.wordpress.com)
- Piemonte Reds (w1ngblog.wordpress.com)
- Barolo Cannubi: growers lose legal battle for authentic labeling (dobianchi.com)
- Barolo: One of the Great Red Wines of the World (winepeeps.com)
- BAROLO D.O.C.G Percristina (mywinechannel.wordpress.com)