Grape variety or blend: percentages
Sangiovese 90%; complementary 10% (grapes from first selection)
phases, times and containers used:
Storage in vitreous cement tanks until malolactic fermentation is completed. Chianti Classico Riserva is aged in Allier barrels (hl 28-34) for two years .
Ageing in the Bottle:
6 months (three compulsory by Law).
Colour: deep ruby tending towards garnet with age.
Aroma: complex and spicy for Chianti Classico Riserva.Flavour: structured and tannic.
Serving temperature: 19°.
Serve with: roasts, red meat, game and cheese.
Other useful information: Reserve wines should be uncorked at least two hours before serving or decanted.
Price Average 21€ Points 85
- Castelgreve Chianti Classico Riserva 2009 (canadianwineguy.com)
- Torgiano Rosso Riserva Docg (wine90.blogspot.com)
- Morellino di Scansano (wine-by-benito.blogspot.com)
- Val Delle Corti – Chianti Classico harvest 2013 (italianwineimporters.wordpress.com)
- Sangiovese (winealignawards.wordpress.com)
- Wines of The Times: A Neighborhood Prowl Through the City of Chianti (nytimes.com)
- Wine Class #4 (melsmosaic.wordpress.com)
- Fontalloro Igt 2008- Felsina (mywinechannel.wordpress.com)