#16 position on Top 100 Wine Spectator of 2013
A true Barolo di Barolo, Albe is a blend of grapes from three di erent
vineyards at three di erent altitudes. Every morning the sun rises from
one vineyard to another creating a symphony for the senses just like the
wine produced from these blocks. is is a Barolo of great character and
re ned balance, where beautiful aromas, re ned equilibrium and ripe
tannins, come together in perfect harmony.
HARVEST AND WINEMAKING
e harvesting of Nebbiolo grapes in the Comune of Barolo is done during the second
half of October. Grape picking and transporting the grapes in small crates are done
manually to keep the grapes intact. e careful selection of grape clusters starts in the
vineyard and is carried out with the same attention all the way to the cellar.
e fermentation lasts 30 to 40 days depending on the characteristics of that vintage.
Before bottling, Barolo Albe ages in Slavonian oak barrels for approximately 36 months.
Sheer ruby red color. Aromas of red fruits and plums, owers, pine needles and brushwood.
Albe is a harmony of sophisticated and delicate avors supported by an elegant
acidity and ripe tannins.
Price Average 42 $ Score 92
Via G. D Vajra
- “Ornato” Barolo Docg 2006 – Pio Cesare (sassiitalytours.wordpress.com)
- Young Winemakers Battle Old Timers in ‘Barolo Wars’ – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Barolo: One of the Great Red Wines of the World (winepeeps.com)
- Piedmonte – Barolo country – Italy (ouritaliandream.wordpress.com)
- 2009 Barolo and the Individual Palate (ubriaco.wordpress.com)
- BAROLO D.O.C.G Percristina (mywinechannel.wordpress.com)