#18 position on Top 100 Wine Spectator of 2013
The winery’s largest production (about 40.000 bottles per year). It is made from Sangiovese 100%. The wine spends one year in barriques before being aged in bottle.
Its colour is light ruby, with aromas of blackberries, cherries and redcurrant, with a touch of licorice and vanilla spice. The tannins are sweet and persistent.
Recommended with spicy-sauced pasta and mild-tasting red meats.
Price € 20 Score 93
- Chianti Classico Docg 2010 – Lilliano (sassiitalytours.wordpress.com)
- Wines of The Times: A Neighborhood Prowl Through the City of Chianti (nytimes.com)
- Wine Tasting in Chianti (diariodelvino.wordpress.com)
- Val Delle Corti – Chianti Classico harvest 2013 (italianwineimporters.wordpress.com)
- San Felice Chianti Classico 2010 (thebuddhainyourglass.com)
- Tasting Note (nov14th.wordpress.com)
- Chianti Ruffina Docg – Fattoria di Basciano (mywinechannel.wordpress.com)