CLASSIFICATION: Trento DOC V.S.Q.P.R.D. Metodo Classico
GROUND: Hills of morainal origin, based on chalky rocks. Substantial amount of clay in a medium mixture weaving; a four-yearly organic fertilization is the sole natural operation made.
VARIETY: Chardonnay 80 % Pinot noir 20 % – “Fields n. 1 / 12” – Training system: Guyot and modified “pergola trentina” – South-facing.
VINIFICATION: Handmade harvest in little cases – soft squeezing out of the entire bunch of grapes – Fermentation both in stainless steel and in small oak barrel. 8 months of maturation on its own yeasts, divided just at the cuvée moment.
CUVÉE: Get by the union of Chardonnay and Pinot noir wines maturated, at least for a quarter, in small oak.
PRIS DE MOUSSE: Pris de mousse is made by Champagne méthode.
DEGORGEMENT: Degorgement takes place after 72 months while the wine lies on the yeasts.
Price 24 € Score 94/100 Via Balter
- More Sparkling Wine For The Holidays (cravedfw.com)
- Experiencing Bubbly from Ferrari in Trentino DOC (Italy) (awinestory.com)
- Oregon Wine Tasting (thegastronomestable.wordpress.com)
- Let’s drink to non-vintage champagnes this Christmas (telegraph.co.uk)
- Three Italian Sparkling Wines to Ring In 2014 – New Years Italian Style (vignauvavino.blogspot.com)