APPELLATION : Taurasi Riserva DOCG
GRAPE VARIETY : Aglianico 100%
VINEYARD : Montemarano
VINES PER HECTARE : 4.000 vines per hectare
TRAINING SYSTEM : Shoulder with cordon spur pruning system
AGE OF VINEYARD : About 12 years
VINIFICATION : Vinification with long skins maceration at controlled temperature
NOTES : Radici, produced for the first time in 1986, is the result of a long and careful research concerning exposure, chemical and physical characteristics of the vineyards’ terroir. Its strong, dense structure and the aromatic concentration are the most evident characters of the prestigious viticulture of Irpinia.
REFINING : 30 months in French oak barriques and Slavonian oak barrels. At least 36 months in the bottle before release
COLOUR : Deep ruby red
BOUQUET : Full, complex, with notes of tobacco, cherry, berries and balsamic aromas.
PALATE : In the mouth it is enveloping, elegant and persistent. In the background, distinct notes of plum, bitter cherry, strawberry jam, black pepper and liquorice.
FOOD PAIRINGS : A fine pairing with red meat dishes, spices, truffles and mature cheeses.
Price 37 € Score 86/100 Via Mastroberardino
- Gusto Italiano (all-things-andy-gavin.com)
- A Wine Fan’s Look at the Wines of Campania, Italy (vino-con-vista.blogspot.com)
- Furore Riserva 2009 (mykonosfoodlab.com)
- A Great Barbaresco Cru: Montefico (ubriaco.wordpress.com)
- Southern Italy Simplified #3 – What To Be Looking For? (pleasebringmemywine.com)