This is a list where all the Italian producers would like to see their bottles, a list which transforms the appreciation of the critics and the market in prices company income, in other words the economical prize for the many efforts, risks and all the passion that goes into every drop of wine.
The list comes from Intravino which advises the Italians to spend in great National bottles the increases in the pay packets promised by Renzi, the prime minister. Maybe the money will not be enough but it would certainly make those who made this decision very happy. These are in fact exceptional bottles, maybe even better than foreign wines with inaccessible prices. It all begins with the information from Wine-searcher the portal that fishes for prices from a database of 44.439shops all over the world. The list of the most expensive wines is based on their average price regarding several vintages and without taxes (our VAT).
So here’s the list:
• 666 € Bruno Giacosa Collina Rionda, Barolo DOCG
Bruno Giacosa, the excellent wine producer from Lange. In giving him the
• 545 € Giuseppe Quintarelli Amarone della Valpolicella Classico Riserva DOCG Laurea Honoris Causa they describe him as << the artisan, the one who has attained, thanks to a continuative and impassioned, exercise the highest technical abilities>> in other words an artist! The Barolo Collina Rionda comes from the winery belonging to Bruno Giacosa Le Rocche del Falletto in Serralunga d’Alba. This is how he describes it in his website <<Color garnet red. Aroma full, complex, elegant recalling rose, ripe fruit, truffle and spices. The taste is dry, full, generous, harmonic and silky. Wine of aristocratic substance>>
The wine from another great “father” of excellent and most of all from the Amarone area. Bepi Quintarelli passed away in January 2012 but is still very present in our memories. The hand written labels, his love for the land like all those who are grape growers at heart and in their illuminated intuitions…. Bepi is greatly missed!
•528 € Tenuta dell’Ornellaia Masseto Toscana IGT
This is the super Italian wine which beats the French wines in the Asian auctions. Those who have bought a bottle of Masseto in 2006 and want to sell it today will find its value increased by more than 250 times. A head spinning success which comes from a Vineyard with 7 hectares of Merlot.
• 466 € Giacomo Conterno Monfortino, Barolo Riserva DOCG
Here is another pioneer, one who has strongly believed in the quality of the wines from Langhe region when still the only rule was that regarding amounts: producing a lot with the least expense. The Conterno family, grandfather, son, and grandson (Roberto) have all the same spirit, courage and the same rigour, in the Barolo Monfortino find their myth. This was produced for the first time in 1924, and since 1978 Monfortino comes from the grapes of the 14 hectares of the “Francia” vineyard in Serralunga.
• 456 € Falletto di Bruno Giacosa Falletto Riserva, Barolo DOCG
• 404 € Biondi Santi Tenuta il Greppo Riserva, Brunello di Montalcino DOCG The Brunello myth, the family and the estate that with the upmost rigor, tenacity in aiming for excellence have produced Montalcino wines from 1888 to today.
• 373 € Miani Calvari Refosco Colli Orientali del Friuli Sole youngster in this group, but already a legend. Ex engineer, tall, shy, serious, he doesn’t have a website and her personally uses the tractor. He produces 10.000 bottles from 13 hectares of vineyard. His Refosco comes from a small Vineyard called Calvari which gives him 600-700 bottles per year. This is a precious and difficult to find wine.
• 360 € Case Basse di Gianfranco Soldera Brunello di Montalcino Riserva DOCG
This is another great personality from Montalcino. The wine that was aging in his cellar was destroyed through revenge by an ex employee in December 2012. So now his bottles on sale are even more rare and precious.
• 347 € Giuseppe Quintarelli Amabile del Cere Passito Bianco Veneto IGT
• 341 € Dal Romano Dal Forno Vigneto di Monte Lodoletta, Recioto della Valpolicella DOCG
<<Produced in very limited amounts and in rare occasions, this is the emblem of the land where it is made ….. The Vigna Seré has an unlimited opulence and density, with prominent prune sour black cherries, raspberries, chocolate and coffee. A good level of acidity holds the refined tannins which with their sweetness and elegance give moments where the emotions are intense.>>.